Friday, January 13, 2012

Stage 2 plus???

One of the big reasons I bought a Legacy GT was it's ability to modify the car. I knew that if I ever got bored of the stock power I could quickly and easily jump up stage after stage to increase my power. I have listed below where I was, where I am now and where I could be going.

Keep in mind this is HP at the wheels, not at the crank as reported by the manufacture. Add +25 to get a rough estimate of crank HP.

Stock: 191 whp and 190 lb-ft
First day I bought the car, it had never been modified. At stock levels it was almost as fast as my Stage 2 WRX but lacked the head snapping power.

Stage 1: 210 whp and 210 lb-ft
A couple of weeks after I bought the car I bought the Cobb AP and flashed it to a Stage 1 map. This smoothed out the power band and gave a little boost in power.

Stage 2: 230 whp and 250 lb-ft
I just installed the Down pipe, Light Weight Pulley and Transmission cooler plus the stage 2 map. Review is pending but first impressions is that the car is now much faster than my Stage 2 WRX.

Stage 2T: 254 whp and 275 lb-ft
This will require an aftermarket Inter cooler and a new custom Etune Map.

Stage 3: 300+ whp and 300+ lb-ft
This will require a VF-52 Turbo, bigger injectors and fuel pump plus a new protuned map.

No comments:

Post a Comment