Sunday, January 29, 2012

CNT Catted Downpipe Review

As part of my Stage 2 build I had to purchase a Downpipe, my first thought was to immediatly buy a Cobb Catted Downpipe. I had the Cobb downpipe on my WRX and knew it was a top quality product, however I ended up buying the CNT Catted Downpipe for these reasons.

1. Much Cheaper than the Cobb product, around $200.00 cheaper.
2. Positive reviews from those who have purchased, installed and tuned one.
3. Let's face it, who cares if it's a Cobb or CNT, as long as the performance is there.

Once I unboxed the Downpipe the first thing I noticed is the gaskets that were provided looked like crap. The edges were fraying and coming apart and there was no way I was going to use the cheap gaskets. I immediatly ordered a new set from Grimmspeed and sitting side by side there was no comparision, the Grimmspeed gaskets rocked.

Once I inspected the Downpipe I was very pleased with the quality, everything looked top notch.

My installer mentioned to me that the downpipe installed with no problems and he was impressed with the quality. I was also impressed with the sound and it reminded me quite a bit of my old Cobb Downpipe. Overall I am very pleased with this product.

Link to the product is here:

No comments:

Post a Comment